Wisconsin Teacher Standards:
1. Teachers know the subjects they are teaching.
2. Teachers know how students with broad ranges of ability grow.
3. Teachers understand that students learn differently.
4. Teachers know how to teach.
5. Teachers know how to manage a classroom.
6. Teachers communicate well.
7. Teachers are able to plan different kinds of lessons.
8. Teachers know how to test for student progress.
9. Teachers are able to evaluate themselves.
10. Teachers are connected with other teachers and the community.
**Taken from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction: http://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/stand10.html