University of Wisconsin-River Falls

UW-RF Home > University Communications Home > This Month's News Releases

University Communications

For more information contact mark.a.kinders@uwrf.edu or brenda.k.bredahl@uwrf.edu.

Annual Holiday Art Sale Set

NOV. 21, 2007--Every holiday season, shoppers struggle to find a gift for that hard-to-shop-for person on their list. The art department at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls has the answer: the popular Annual Scholarship Sale, held Nov. 28 - Dec. 12 at Gallery 101 in the Kleinpell Fine Arts building.

Works of fine art including glass, ceramics, paintings, fibers, prints, photographs, and mixed media will be available for purchase. Current and past students and faculty members, as well as talented local artists have handcrafted each piece that will be on display.  

Each artist receives 70 percent of the profit from the sale of their work, and donates the remaining 30 percent to UWRF's art department. The department uses the money to create scholarships for students and to support the Art Society.

The sale is open to the public. Gallery 101 will be open for sales Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and again from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.   The gallery will also be open on Sundays from 2-4 p.m. For more information, please contact the UWRF art department at 715-425-3266.

-30-


Last updated: Thursday, 22-Apr-2010 16:08:40 Central Daylight Time

 

University of Wisconsin - River Falls
410 South Third Street River Falls, WI USA 54022-5001 (715)425-3911
Copyright © 1995-2009 University of Wisconsin-River Falls