Academic Staff Council Minutes
April 30, 2003
Call to order at 3:05 p.m..
Approval of March minutes. We're on a quest to find last month's minutes.
Members present: Marilyn Duerst, Emily Ronning, Sue Walton, Kathy Olsen,
Larry Testa, Steven Luebke, and Michael Stifter. Others present: Tony Bredahl
- Shared list of eligible Academic Staff, some inaccuracies, represented only
- Provided ASC budget update, gave 10% back during recent budget exercise,
most of budget is travel related (monthly meetings to Madison and Summer conference)
- Newly elected members will join our May meeting, Chair gave an overview
of expectations for the incoming chair (meetings, compensation, etc.), elections
will be conducted at the next meeting
- Budget: nothing new to report, still much speculation on how deep the cuts
will be and how much impact they will have (especially on Category B staff)
Representatives Report (Tony Bredahl reporting):
- Circulated minutes from 4/17 meeting
- · Highlights: mentioned Classified pay plan and pay plan for the
rest of staff, shared the legislative talking points (each campus will be
affected differently, our IAS/Category B staff could be most affected), SARS
preparation, Academic Staff Leadership conference will be held at UW-Oshkosh
this year (Academic Staff are encouraged to attend)
- Next meeting is on 5/5
- Budget: no news as previously mentioned.
- Next Meeting: election of new officers.
- Elections: newly elected members include Kimberly Gould Speckman, Sally
Berkholder, and Angela Kaiser.
- Chair further outlined duties of new chair.
- Question raised on who won System Award for Excellence, Bob Sievert was
nominated for UWRF
Adjournment at 3:45 p.m..
Next Meeting is Wednesday, 5/21 at 3 p.m. in the Regents Room of the Student
Center. Refreshments will be served as new members are introduced.