University of Wisconsin- River Falls
Agricultural Education Forestry Curriculum and Resources
Return to Main page
Unit 2 - Wisconsin Forests of Yesterday and Today
At the end of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the general changes that have occurred in Wisconsin's forests from pre-European settlement to today.
2. Discuss the general changes in use and attitudes towards Wisconsin's forests from pre-European settlement to today.
3. List and discuss the important people in Wisconsin's forest history and their respective contributions.
4. Describe the current stat of Wisconsin's forests with regards to economic importance, biodiversity, and ownership.
Units Concepts and Associated Resources:
I. Overview of Wisconsin's forest history.
II. Today's Wisconsin Forests
High School Forestry Textbook Resources:
1. Wisconsin Forests a the Millennium: An Assessment Nov. 2000, Produces by: WI Department of Natural Resources, 2000, Publication number: FR-161, Keywords: summary, Wisconsin forest
1. LEAF, 4: Lesson 2, 5-6: Lesson 6
(See the list of references for full information on each resource listed)