April 2, 2004
UW-RF Music Department Sets Spring Concert Schedule
This spring, enjoy free concerts presented by the University of Wisconsin-River
Falls music department. All performances take place in the William Abbott Concert
Hall of the Kleinpell Fine Arts Building and are free and open to the public.
- April 4, 8 p.m.-Woodwind Ensemble Concert, directed by music department
member Patrick O'Keefe.
- April 6, 8 p.m.-Chamber Bass Concert featuring UW-RF students and music
department members Thomas Barnett, Rick Gaynor, Andrew Parks and Charles Wazanowski.
- April 8, 8 p.m.-Faculty recital, featuring Barnett on trumpet. He will
perform solo pieces, plus chamber music and pieces with other music faculty.
- April 13, 8 p.m.-UW-RF Jazz Ensemble with Hara directing.
- April15, 8 p.m.-Guest musician Ed Sandor will play the trumpet.
- April 19, 11 a.m.-Pianist William Wellborn will perform a lecture/recital
titled "Franz Liszt & the Art of Transcription: Liszt as Orchestra, Pianist
- April 20, 8 p.m.-The Scott Air Force Base-Missouri Air Force & Lincolnland
Brass/Percussion Duo. They will also offer a brass clinic at 11 a.m. and a
percussion clinic at 12:30 p.m
- April 22. 8 p.m.-Brass Choir Concert, directed by Gaynor.
- April 25-Spring Choral Concert, directed by music department faculty J.W.
Park, Sarah Parks and Paul Schaefer.
- April 29, 8 p.m.-Commissioned Composer Concert. The Symphony Band will
premiere a new work by composer Michael Torke. Conducted by music faculty
member Kristin Tjornehoj.
- May 2, 3 p.m.-New American Symphony and the St. Croix Valley Symphony Orchestra
featuring Randy Sabien on the violin and John Miller and Corrine Nordling
on the bassoon. Conducted by Tjornehoj.
- May 2, 8 p.m.-Piano Ensemble Concert.
- May 4, 8 p.m.-Percussion Ensemble directed by music department member Patti
- May 6, 3 p.m.-Convocation Student Recital.
- May 6, 8 p.m.-New Music and Guitar Ensembles directed by music department
staff Cudd and Joseph Hagedorn. 8 p.m.
- May 7, 11:30 a.m.-Symphony Band Concert, directed by Tjornehoj.
- May 8, 3 p.m.-Music Department Honors Recital.
- May 9, 3 p.m.-Concert/Pep Band, directed by Barnett.
Two performances this spring are part of the Wyman Concert & Lecture Series
and are free for UW-RF students with a valid ID; $5 for the public. They also
will take place in the William Abbott Concert Hall of Kleinpell Fine Arts Building.
- March 24, 8 p.m.-Bill Porter Orchestra. featureing big band music of the
1930s, 1940s and 1950s. Porter toured with Frank Sinatra, Harry James, Buddy
Rich and others.
- April 7, 8 p.m.-The St. Petersburg Quartet. Features music commemorating
the 300th anniversary of its namesake city.
For more information about the performances, contact the UW-RF music department
at 715/425-3183. For more information about the Wyman series performances, contact
the UW-RF Leadership Center at 715/425-4911.
UP to Public
Affairs Home Page
To comment about this Web Site contact