410 South Third Street River Falls, WI 54022 715/425-3567 email@example.com
UWRF Series 87 Collection Inventory
Quantity: 7 boxes
Collection Summary: This is an artificially created series. Provenance is several sources. A major portion of the River Falls Chapter materials were originally processed as collection River Falls Mss AN and were donated by Nicholas Jadinak in 1967. The Wisconsin Historical Society however transferred ownership of the collection back to UW-RF in the early 2000’s. The original River Falls Mss AN collection was then disbanded and it was interfiled with this collection.
In 1942, a chapter
of the Association of Wisconsin Teachers Colleges (AWTC) was formed
on the River Falls campus. The name later changed to the Association
of Wisconsin State College Faculties (AWSCF), reflecting the liberal
arts granting privileges in the 1950’s. In the early 1960’s,
with the addition of graduate offerings at the state colleges, the name
changed again, this time to the Association of Wisconsin State University
Faculties (AWSUF). In 1972, after the merger of the Wisconsin State
Universities and the University of Wisconsin System, the name changed
to The Association of University of Wisconsin Faculties (TAUWF). The
organization’s purpose is to promote the general educational welfare
of UW universities and to promote the economic welfare of the faculty.
The collection contains materials from the state and local chapter levels.
The acronym AWSUF is used for some folder labeling purposes, even for
materials that predate that designation in Box 2.
Return to UWRF Collections, Home
Return to UWRF Series Inventory List